There is a personal emergency going on at the moment so my Back to school look tutorial has been put on hold. I apologize but I need to take care of things in my family as of right now. I’ll be back posting Monday.
A radiant eye liner that also doubles as an eye shadow. Made with a blend of mineral oil and powder, our creamy Jumbo Eye Pencils glide on effortlessly—no pulling, tugging or fading—and come in a rainbow of vivid hues. Some call her chubby. We say voluptuous. Available in 28 shades.
How does it work?:
Apply directly onto eye area. Can be applied like an eyeliner stick. Can also be applied with a brush or spread with a finger.
Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol , Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, B.H.A, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, and Polyethylene Terephthalate. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 774992), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), or Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510).
Pictured (left to right) Milk,Pure Gold,Iced Mocha, Strawberry Milk, Purple velvet, Electric Blue
If you haven’t heard about NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, you should get on it! These lovely pencils are perfect bases. (Bases are what enhance color primers is what keeps the longevity of the eyeshadows). These are creamy spread easily onto skin and have VIBRANT colors. The price point is also perfect I got these on a sale on beautyjoint.com for $2.50. I only have 6 but I’m hoping to buy a lot more. There are over a dozen of colors to choose from. I would suggest if you have oily lids to not go heavy with these. A light hand is need and a little goes a long way. I like to dab these on my eyelids and spread with my index finger. Don’t use an oily primer with these since these are oily/creamy in themselves so I would sugest a chalkier sticker primer! Overall these are a great staple in any beauty collection. Especially for my MUA being one myself, I definitely need to find a way to save money buying MUFE aqua creams are just not in my budget at the moment. I can still make a BEAT face with these.
Pros: Price Lots of Colors Good color pay off Spreads Creamy
Hi, I having bit of a dilemma. I really want to find a red lipstick that wont make me look like a clown. Are there any tips on finding the right shade? I know it has something to do with being blue toned or yellow toned, but I have yet to figure out what I am. Its all so confusing!
Red lipstick’s DEFINITELY can be tricky. Especially if you’re not used to dealing with lipstick in general, what I would suggest are these three universally flattering shades!
Mac ruby Woo
NYX Soft Matte Lipstick in Amsterdam
NYX roundlipstick in Snow whie
These three lippies two are blue based and one is more on the neutral end.
When searching for red lipsticks, I’m assuming you are a WOC, most red lipsticks on WOC the best tone that looks good with our skin would be bluebased ones. Try those universally flattering shades and start with cheap lippies like Wet and Wild & NYC lipsticks. There cheap and you will start getting more accustomed to what flatters!
This is my back to School Essential list. Not all the things on this list are beauty related, but are and should be essential to your school year. So take the time read and enjoy. I hope everyone’s school year goes amazing, I’m returning myself and everything on this list will be in my battle ready kit!
1. Eyeshadow Palettes
Eyeshadow palettes are essential in any lovelies collection. They give a plethora of color options and can easily transform you from day to night. For those of us Lovelies that are in college that is a definite plus. And I’m sure there are funky bright colored ones too like Sugar Pill 4-color palettes. The two Naked palettes and Nude tude palettes are much more refined but you can make glamours looks with them and they literally fit with ANY skintone.
Mascara is like the basic thing, If i choose to wear anything that day. Mascara brightens your eyes easily and can be used directed in certain ways to help your dramatic looks. Some of my favorite mascara’s are Maybelline lash stiletto, Maybelline Great Lash, and Loreal mascara voluminous.
Blush is probably one of my favorite products, there was a time when I feared the power of it. Now I cannot! get enough of it. Honestly, you need just two blushes, one for a daytime look and one for your night time look. My love for everything NARS is serious and Taj Mahal is seriously the perfect everything for all afro skin of all shades and undertones. Golden sunset, Cinnabar, and Purple Passion from La femme are also three my favorites.
Fun, funky, classic, bold. Nails are definitely a fun way to get creativity with yourself. If you not a person whom likes to wear make-up everyday (such as myself) nail polish might be right up your ally!. Some colors I would suggest: Navy, Burgundy, electric blue, Coral, and yellow! Try Sinful Nails, KLEANcolor, China Glaze, OPI, Dots nail polish, E.L.F. and Butter London!
I adore lippies! Lippies are a plethora of things such as balm, lipgloss, lipstick, lipcolour, lipstains. I think they can be funky and can be low key. Lips are a really simple way to freshen your face after pulling an all nighter of studying. Putting on some clear lipgloss can help anyone. Some lippies I DEFINITELY would suggest would be Stila lipglazes, Mac’s ruby woo, NYX Syclia, E.L.F. Clear lipgloss, Revlon colorburst lipstick Fuchsia, C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve!
I like to smell good, and Lotions keep this possible. I think everybody should have a small lotion they use on their hands or arms or just to smell good. It’s a good thing to have during the day while in school and damnit i like to smell good! Some of my favorites are The Body Shop Satsuma, Bath and Body works Midnight pomegranate, and Palmers cocoa butter.
7. Sheer and lace Blouses
Sheer and lace is in and I have always been a fan of both. As a plus size woman finding pieces with sheer or lace in it was like zero to none. So I definitely feel a relief that there is a movement for plus sized women to have better options in clothing. Sheer and lace definitely plays on the femme aspect of fashion! You can dress it up easily with a body con skirt, black tights, and ballet flats. Then you could wear leggings and converse. Versatile and fits many different styles. I definitely would say to snatch a few of these blouses!
DO I really have to explain why this is on the list? Nah. Just look at the pictures.
9. Hair scarves
I know near the end of the school year, I don’t really care how I look but being a Black person my hair gets a lot of top priority. But having natural hair is annoying unnecessary work. So why not get a few scarves? It makes life easier, they’re definitely in trend and you have do a million things with it!
YES thats right I put naps. Contrary to popular belief, PEOPLE NEED TO NAP! Your body goes through two cycles where it gets most tired. 1-3am and 12-3pm! No matter what you do your body slows down in the afternoon because its time to rest a little. Instead of taking 3 hours naps. If you know you need to stay up for HOURS studying take a 10-20 minute nap. This will give you a surge of energy. Don’t pull all nighters, plan yourself to put in a 20-45minutes and you will wake up with new amounts of energy. I’am telling the truth! Do your own research!
As I’ve often heard it said, it’s interesting how people who did the actual work of building the economic foundation for the world’s wealthiest nation are condemned as lazy, while people drinking mint juleps and twirling parasols on a porch are praised for their industrious Protestant work ethic.
*I’m a fat girl but I like fashion and I’m not going to let my size stop me from enjoying it ether. If you have something to say I have the unfollow button in the corner, see yourself out. NOW onto my loves for 2011
They’re warm, they give a pop of color and you can use it to be made into a turban! I always get extra excited around fall and winter for the fact I can wear scarves freely! You can also get beautiful light weight scarves in the spring! Never underestimate a good scarf.
2. Riding boots Riding boots are for everyone whether you have bigger calves or smaller ones. I personally have been dying to get my hands on some brown faux leather boots that have a zipper and flat foot.
3. Stockings Wear them under dresses, under shorts, under skirts, stockings come in array of colors and mass amounts of designs. You can go with a funky purple or a classic nude black. Stockings can also be an easy color blocking option for those whom want to venture into that journey.
4. Dark wash jeans Whatever size you are, a pair of dark wash jeans is essential in every person’s closet. Dark wash can be easily dressed up professional for an interview or a day in the office or dressed down with a t-shirt and some sneakers. They also are flattering on hips and thighs.
5. Cardigans/Blazers This is one of my personal favorites, i like throwing this on almost over any outfit. You can put a belt over it to help your eyes veer of towards you waist or rip off all your buttons and put some new ones! Add a broach, add chunky necklace, bangles. Everything, they come in simple colors and patterns.
6. Black lace lingerie I think this is essential in every woman’s closet. Black lace lingerie is so classic and plain. Once you buy one piece you can add others and have a plethora of options for throwing them on. By no means am I saying dress up in lingerie for your loved one, I’m talking about for yourself. It’s nice having something dainty and sexy just for yourself
7. The little black dress You every wake-up getting invited to a get together, or plan on going to the club. Having an essential black dress that you can dress up and down is absolute. That one you can slip on, your freakum dress.
8. Black Mary Janes The professional shoe, I have been in love with Mary Janes for as long as I can remember, the plain black ones can come in classic or sexy. Grab them put them on for special occasions or everyday occurrences. Almost every designers has one pair, and I would be ecstatic if I can capture just one.
9. Red Pumps Do I really have to explain why this is on the list? Go getchu some red pumps and you will be having people fall from the skies.
10.white button up Versatile, functional, and easy. Buttons ups are a easy breezy outfit option, that can be easily turned in a multitude of styles.